Call for Proposals for 2018
Deadline: November 25, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. CST
The Carrie Chapman Catt Center for Women and Politics in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Iowa State University is pleased to announce the competition for the 2018 Carrie Chapman Catt Prize for Research on Women and Politics.
This annual competition is designed to encourage and reward scholars embarking on significant research in the area of women and politics. Numerous proposals from a variety of academic disciplines are received each year. Proposals are blind-reviewed by a committee comprised of faculty members in the disciplines represented.
The prize includes a $2,000 cash award for each project selected. Honorable mention prizes of up to $1,000 per project may also be awarded. Winners will be announced and awards disbursed in February 2019.
Research projects submitted for prize consideration may address any topic related to women and politics. Scholars at any level, from graduate students to tenured faculty members, may apply.
To be considered for the 2018 prize, applicants should email the following materials in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format to the Catt Center by 11:59 p.m. CST on November 25, 2018:
- Completed cover sheet (PDF)
- Biographical statement for author(s) (one page or less for each author)
- Project description (5-10 pages, double spaced, 12-point font):
- Proposal title
- 150-200 word abstract summarizing its purpose and content
- Discussion of relevant theory, contributions to literature in the field and methodology; other relevant information may also be included
- Statement and itemized budget describing how the Catt Prize will contribute to the research project
- Timetable for completion of the project, taking into consideration the February 2019 disbursement of awards
- Reference list of relevant literature (not included in the 10-page limit)
As proposals are blind-reviewed, do not include identifying information such as author names or institutions in the project description.
Questions? Email the center at email@example.com or call 515-294-3181.