Call for Proposals for 2022
The Carrie Chapman Catt Center for Women and Politics in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Iowa State University is pleased to announce the competition for the 2022 Carrie Chapman Catt Prize for Research on Women and Politics.
This annual competition is designed to encourage and reward scholars embarking on significant research in the area of gender and politics, including projects that contribute to the scholarship of teaching and learning. Scholars at any level may apply, from graduate students to tenured faculty members as well as adjunct faculty and independent researchers.
Numerous proposals from a variety of academic disciplines are received each year. Proposals are blind-reviewed by a committee comprised of faculty members in the disciplines represented.
The prize includes a $2,000 cash award for each project selected. Honorable mention prizes of up to $1,000 per project may also be awarded. Winners will be announced and awards disbursed in February 2023.
To be considered for the 2022 prize, applicants must complete the submission form by 11:59 p.m. CST on November 27, 2022. Required information on the form includes:
- Contact information and biographical statement (1000-character limit) for each author
- Project description (5-10 pages, double spaced, 12-point font) in Adobe PDF or Microsoft Word format:
- Proposal title
- 150-200 word abstract summarizing its purpose and content
- Discussion of relevant theory, contributions to literature in the field, and methodology; other relevant information may also be included
- Statement and itemized budget describing how the Catt Prize will contribute to the research project
- Timetable for completion of the project, taking into consideration the February 2023 disbursement of awards
- Reference list of relevant literature (not included in the 10-page limit, but please include in the same document)
As proposals are blind-reviewed, do not include identifying information such as author names or institutions in the project description.