In 2011, the Catt Center established its first-of-its-kind Women in Iowa Politics Database to serve as a resource for government officials, researchers, teachers, and others with an interest in Iowa politics in general and the roles of women in Iowa politics in particular.
The graphs, fact sheets and reports on the following pages are products of the Women in Iowa Politics Database and the Gender Balance Project.
For questions or research inquiries, email the center at email@example.com.
Featured Reports (PDF)
- 2023 County General Election Candidates and Results by Gender
- Women Running for Iowa Citywide Government 2023
- Current Numbers: Women in Iowa Politics 2023
- Legislative Snapshot: 90th General Assembly (2023-2024)
- Women Leaders in the Iowa General Assembly (historical)
- History of Gender Balance Brief (updated 2/21/2024)
Candidates for State and Federal Office
Women in Public Office
Information on this website, including but not limited to fact sheets, graphs, and reports, can be used for non-commercial purposes, provided that clear and visible credit is given to the Carrie Chapman Catt Center for Women in Politics at Iowa State University. Any information used must include proper citations of that information. Commercial reproduction requires prior permission in writing from the Carrie Chapman Catt Center for Women and Politics.