The Equal Rights Amendment at 100 Years: History and Current Issues
This research-based curriculum for high school students is free for use by any school district. It includes five lessons discussing the history and debates surrounding the ERA from the 1920s to the present, including a lesson on the debate in Iowa over the federal amendment and efforts to amend the state constitution.
Each lesson includes:
- Student learning outcomes
- List of Iowa Social Studies curriculum standards met
- PowerPoint slides with suggested scripts
- Possible classroom activities and discussion questions
- List of additional resources
- Background reading for instructors
The curriculum was developed by Karen M. Kedrowski, Catt Center director, and funded by a grant from the 19th Amendment Centennial Commemoration Committee, a state-wide coalition that coordinated events in Iowa to celebrate the centennial of the 19th Amendment’s ratification.