Ready to Run® Iowa is a nonpartisan campaign training program to encourage women to run for elective office, position themselves for appointive office, work on a campaign or become involved in public life as leaders in their communities. Since 2007, the Catt Center has offered the Ready to Run Iowa program every other year as part of a national network founded by the Center for American Women and Politics at Rutgers University.
The next Ready to Run Iowa workshops will be held in spring 2023.
For a list of topics covered in previous years, see the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Ready to Run Iowa Advisory Board
- Amy Campbell, partner at the Advocacy Cooperative
- Dan Culhane, president and CEO of the Ames Chamber of Commerce
- Barbara Hames-Bryant, president of the Iowa Federation of Republican Women
- Blake Hanson, attorney at Bradshaw, Fowler, Proctor & Fairgrave, P.C. in Des Moines
- Paula Martinez, labor leader and member of the Warren County Democrats Central Committee
- Kellie Paschke, attorney with Skinner & Paschke, PLLC of Waukee, Iowa
- Kim Reem, executive director of Mission of Hope and alternate member of the Iowa Board of Parole
- Georgia Van Gundy, executive vice president at Hy-Vee, Inc. and deputy to the Iowa Business Council
- Andrea Woodard, senior vice president of government relations and public policy at the Greater Des Moines Partnership
Contact us to add your name to the Ready to Run® Iowa mailing list.
Questions? Contact the Catt Center at 515-294-3181 or email@example.com