Since 1992, the Carrie Chapman Catt Center for Women and Politics has elevated the voices of women political leaders through its research, teaching, events, internships and civic engagement. This year, 2022, marks the 30th anniversary of the Catt Center. For the next 12 months, the center will celebrate by sharing its achievements, stories and memories and hosting special events.
We invite you to share your special memories with us, either by email (email@example.com) or on social media. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Photos are encouraged as well.
We will also use Voices for stories about our various initiatives, like the Plaza of Heroines, the Gender Balance Project, the Iowa Politics Database and more. You’ll also see our 30th anniversary logo on our publicity and web site all year.
While we take a moment to reflect on our past and our achievements, the Catt Center is also looking toward the future. We want to continue, and build upon, the impactful work that we do that benefits our students and the state of Iowa. Thus, we have two special giving opportunities or our 30th anniversary year. They are:
- 30th Anniversary Legacy of Heroines Scholarship (ISU Foundation Fund #2706293): This scholarship will be open to students in all majors. Criteria are financial need, academic merit and interest in the Catt Center’s mission and activities.
- Carrie Chapman Catt Center General Support (ISU Foundation Fund #2700807): This fund is used to support a variety of Catt Center activities, including internships, student field trips, campus programming, Catt Research Prizes, voter engagement and more.
A donation of any amount will enrich students’ experiences through the Catt Center. However, here are some ways your contribution may be used:
- $100 provides refreshments for a Legacy of Heroines Scholars event.
- $250 covers an intern’s wages for two weeks.
- $300 takes a group of students to the State Capitol.
- $500 from a Legacy of Heroines scholarship buys a student’s books and supplies for one semester.
- $1000 from a Legacy of Heroines scholarship keeps a student in University housing for two months.
- $5000 supports stipends for five student voting advocates during an election year.
You can donate through the Iowa State University Foundation’s Secure Portal, by calling toll free 866-419-6768, or by mailing a check to Iowa State University Foundation, 2505 University Boulevard, P.O. Box 2230, Ames, IA 50010-2230.