Through the support of donors, the Catt Center offers paid internships to undergraduate students. Most internships are arranged for the academic year, though sometimes arrangements can be made for the summer. Internships are open to female and male students.
Undergraduate student internships are awarded based on the needs of the center in any given year. Interns work on special projects, events or research sponsored by the Catt Center. Applications can be completed at any time; positions are typically filled in late spring for the following academic year.
The following Carrie Chapman Catt Center undergraduate student internships are offered each year. The center also hires graduate student assistants from time to time, based on teaching and research needs. Please email the Catt Center with any questions.
- Archives of Women's Political Communication internship (PDF) (filled for 2017-2018 academic year)
- Public Relations/Events Planning internship (PDF) (filled for 2017-2018 academic year)
- Women in Iowa Politics Database internship (PDF) (filled for 2017-2018 academic year)
The Leadership Studies Program, coordinated by the Catt Center, also has internships available to undergraduate students. In addition, the program partners with several learning communities to hire peer mentors for LD ST 270, Campus Leadership Development. Please see the position descriptions below for information on whom to contact with any questions or to submit an application.
- Leadership Studies Program Orientation internship (PDF) (filled for summer 2017)
- Leadership Studies Program Publicity internship (PDF) (filled for 2017-2018 academic year)
- Peer mentors for LISU and EXCEL learning communities (filled for 2017-2018 academic year)
- Peer mentor for WiSE (filled for 2017-2018 academic year)